Energy performance certificate or certificate is a document through the Energy which is established and shall attest, energy performance of a building. This is achieved by an authorized expert through an analysis of thermal and power engineering, which details the main features of the building heat and energy and related installations.
Primarily because of the energy performance certificate at the end of any real estate for sale, rental or intabulare of a building we are a legal obligation provided for in Law No 159/2013, which entered into force on 19 July 2013.
`Art. 131. (1) For buildings or building units that sell or rent, the investor/owner/manager is required to make available to the potential buyer or tenant, as the case may, prior to the issuance of the contract, a copy of the certificate, so that it learns about the energy performance of the building/unit of the building you are going to buy/rent, as appropriate.
(2) at the conclusion of the contract of sale and purchase, the owner is required to transmit the certificate to the new owner.
(3) The date on which the contract of sale and purchase, rental, respectively the owner shall submit to the competent tax authority a copy of the certificate and the original will remain in the possession of the owner.
(4) sale and purchase contracts concluded without complying with the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2. (1) are subject to relative invalidity under the provisions of the civil code `.
Secondly, we find a constant concern of the authorities to increase the energy performance of buildings, in accordance with the rules of the European Union. Thermal rehabilitation program buildings that are running currently, is financed at the rate of 60% of EU money, from the European Regional Development Fund and the State budget and the remaining 40% is the contribution of local administrations and associations of owners.
Finally, another important aspect is the classification of buildings energy performance classes. Thus, the energy performance certificate shall provide the buyer/tenant of a dwelling all information on energy consumption and, hence, to what level it will pick up the necessary amounts for monthly maintenance and rehabilitation, so as to be brought home from administratively superior parameters. This will weigh heavily in the selling price or lease of the building concerned.
Performance certificate is drawn up by energy auditors authorised by the Ministry of regional development and Housing.
The term of validity of the certificate of energy performance is 10 years.
On the basis of energy performance certified buildings are classified into 7 classes on a scale ranging from energy class, characterized by the lowest consumption of energy, up to class G corresponding to the highest specific energy consumption. Class a power consumption to ensure optimum conditions living (heat, hot water, lighting) of less than 125 kwh/sqm/year. On the other side, class G implies a consumption of over 820 kwh/sqm/year.
Most of the buildings in Romania fits into the energy classes C and d.
Criteria determining the classification of a building in a given class are: the thickness of the walls, the type of masonry, roof type, status, status columns, heating system performance or heating vent. All such information shall be obtained by researching on the spot by an approved auditor, specific documents or, in the absence thereof, from information obtained from owner or by specific measurements.